Friday, February 3, 2012

Morgan Freeman considers Black History Month is "ridiculous"

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhbsFTQfx5486MTJPx


After watching this, I feel Morgan Freeman doesn't even understand the POINT of Black History Month. Freeman asks, "When is white history month?", weeellll lets see....that would be Jan., Mar., April, May, June, etc. White history month is all year round! I'm a Jr. in higschool as of now and the majority of what I learn in my history class is "white history". I very rarely learn about what my people have acheived through out the years. Black people are a minority in the United States, we make up less than half of the population. So it's very common that our society over looks blacks and all what black people have done to help this country. Therefore, the question is why SHOULDN'T we have Black History Month? Oh, and for that comment he made about how we can just get rid of racism if we stop addressing each other as "white" or "black", that's just plain ol' stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment